Half-marathon. Grad school. 16 month old daughter. 15 year marriage. Full time job.
With that list of things on my plate, I feel as though I might go insane. Too much on my plate? Some may think so. I do think that some people think I’m a bit crazy. Heck, I think I’m a bit crazy, but there are many good reasons for doing these things and maintaining the others.
Process with me, if you will…
1. Half marathon – I signed up because I’m tired of the baby fat. I’m forced to train for 2 reasons; I paid my registration fee and I’m running with Anna. The latter is the more important. I asked Anna to do this, I won’t back out. And this distance is something I’ve never done before. I need a challenge.
2. Grad school – talk about a challenge, oh dear. I think I’m in for one of the biggest challenges of my life. I’m really, really nervous. I fear failure. Can I do it? A good friend told me I’d tear up the place. I sure hope he’s right.
3. Mathilda – a 16 month old pumpkin. She’s the joy of my life. She’s the challenge of my life. She’s an oasis one minute and a bit of insanity the next. I never knew what it was like to love someone so richly and deeply until Mathilda. She’s everything I prayed for and then some. God has blessed me by giving her to me; she’s proof that He loves me richly and deeply as well.
4. David – we’ve been married for 15 1/2 years. These last 16 months have been the 2nd most challenging time in our lives. Learning how to remain close and maintain the good thing that we have, all while caring for a toddler, is yet another challenge on my plate. Whew.
5. Full time job – that place is a challenge because I don’t feel challenged anymore, I feel frustrated and bored most of the time. Hence grad school. Looking forward to new and exciting things while I get my degree and learn about the things that I’ve always loved and have grown to love even more while living in this city.
Thanks for processing with me. I’ll keep you posted. Stay tuned.